In the past year we’ve made some changes as to how we keep hydrated during our hikes, road trips and travels. While we used to pick up a bottle or two of water from a convenience store, and more recently used a refillable hard plastic bottle, we’ve made the change to the Vapur bottle, aka the anti-bottle, and are loving it!
Just before our honeymoon trip, I picked up a Vapur bottle – one in purple for me and the other in blue for my husband Frank, at a local Chapters Bookstore.
And we fell in love with it for a number of reasons:
- It’s easy to pack, taking up very little space – it can be laid flat or rolled up.
- Extremely light when empty, and still light when full of 500 ml of water
- It has a handy clip that’s large enough to fasten even on a camera bag strap
- It’s see-through – you know how much water you have remaining
- It can be placed vertically on a surface as it has a flat base
- It’s freezable, so I can have chilled water that slowly melts throughout a span of a few hours
- BPA-free and easy to clean
- It’s not made in China!
The only thing that I’m thinking of doing to make it even better is to create a strap and crazy-glue it to the cap and the bottle so that it doesn’t get easily lost.
We’ve been using it for various outings including our honeymoon, hikes, road trips and running errands around the city.
Here’s the bag, full of water, nicely fitting in a compartment in our car:
I’ve clipped it to my camera bag and a belt loop several times during hikes, and it doesn’t add too much additional weight to what I’m carrying.
What this is not to be used for: hot beverages!