It’s the battle of the Canadian thrones… that is, the kind that you find in bathrooms. Currently, the Langley Street Loo in Victoria, BC is ruling the votes over two Toronto restrooms – This is London Club and Earls on King Street (I’ve been to this one and it’s swanky!)
The competition, which is in its second year, is being run by Cintas.
“Our top five are putting up an impressive fight to flush the competition and capture the crown but they desperately need fan support to secure the lead,” said Sabrina Zimring, Survey Editor for Cintas’ Canada’s Best Restroom Contest. “It’s the closest race I’ve seen since Cintas launched the contest in Canada in 2010 and there are only three weeks left to sway the vote.”
There have been thousands of votes cast since August via www.bestrestroom.com/canada. You can enter your vote for the finalists of the most pristine potties, which include:
- The Georgian Court Hotel – Vancouver, BC
- Langely Street Loo – Victoria, BC
- Earls, King Street – Toronto, ON
- This is London Club – Toronto, ON
- Centre for Professional Training (CFP) Vocational School (Centre de formation professionnelle des Riverains) – Repentigny, QC
You can check out the photos of these fantastic finalists here. The voting closes on October 12, 2012.
Update: The 2012 Winner is the Langley Street Loo in Victoria, BC. See the news release here.